Clermont Florida Condo Insurance
Clermont Condominium coverageNeed Condo coverage?
Well you have come to the right place. Southern insurance group is your independent agency that has the ability to shop all the homeowner insurance carriers for your best pricing for a condo insurance quote. What is covered under a condo policy?
A condo policy is a package policy just like a homeowner policy that provides dwelling, contents, loss of use, liability, medical payments and loss assessment coverage all built into one policy. Below is a detailed summary of how these coverage's apply.
- Dwelling-a condo policy covers from the walls inside which include items that are permanently attached to the structure. These items include your cabinets, fixtures, floors, moldings, drywall boards, paint etc...The outside of your condo is typically covered by your condo association. Exterior damage to the structure and roof are some of the items covered by your association policy.
- Contents-personal items in your home like clothes, furniture, appliances, and pretty much any item that is not permanently attached to the inside of your home
will be covered here. With a condo policy you usually have to tell the agent how much contents you feel you will need for this coverage.
- Loss of use-this coverage will pay for the reasonable relocation expenses while your condo is being repaired.
- Liability-this coverage will pay for claims that arise out of your negligence. An example of this would be someone who fell and broke an arm from a broken step
on the insured's front porch. Most policies offer 100,000 to 300,000 for this coverage.
- Medical payments-this coverage will pay for injuries sustained to someone on the insured's property. E.g a guest of the insured runs on a pool deck and slips and breaks their wrist. The policy can pay under medical payments to cover these expenses. Most policies offer 1000-5000 for this coverage.
- Loss assessment-this coverage will provide coverage to the insured if they are assessed for damages sustained to the condo community. Most policies cover 1000-
5000 for this coverage. Please call or email the professionals at Southern Insurance Group so we can detail a condo insurance policy for you today!
How is Condo Insurance Different than Traditional Homeowner Insurance
Condo insurance is different than a traditional homeowner in that you do not insure the outside structure. Your condo association will provide coverage for the outside walls and the roof. What you are responsible for is from the walls inside. This includes drywall, flooring, cabinets, light fixtures, permanently installed appliances and anything that is physically attached to the inside structure.
Because you are not responsible for the outside structure, your coverage for the dwelling inside requires much less coverage and therefore your premium is typically much less than a standard homeowner insurance policy.
The standard coverage's under a condo insurance policy will be as follows:
- Dwelling-coverage for the walls inside
- Other structures-any detached structure
- Contents-personal belongings
- Loss of Use-pays for relocation expenses
- Liability-pay for negligence
- Medical payments-pays for injuries to guests
- Loss assessment-pays for community assessments
Your condo insurance in Clermont, FL provides coverage for loss assessment that will pay to you if you are accessed a portion of the damage sustained in the condo community As an example lets say there are 50 condo units in the community and a lightning strike knocks out the community gate and pass code keypad. If the total damage created from the claim is 10,000, the association would take the 10,000 and divide it by 50 unit owners and access each unit owner $200.
Because there are various policies in place, you need to make sure that you don't overpay for unneeded insurance--already covered by the master insurance plan--and that you have extra liability insurance where the master insurance stops.
Worried about costs. Don't be--Clermont condo insurance can be very affordable.
Clermont Florida Condo insurance is like a suit that needs to be individually tailored: if it's too big then you overpay for what you don't need and if it's too small then you may expose yourself to lawsuits.
Condo insurance in Clermont is available at reasonable rates to anyone who owns property in a development with joint property ownership. It is distinct from homeowner insurance because it works in conjunction with your association's insurance policy.
Southern has two reasons to act now!
- It is important for your protection to have your condominium insurance in place before any claims are made--not just from you but also from anyone else on the condominium property.
- We can provide you with a no-risk quote within a day. Just fill out this short form to get an inexpensive policy that will protect you and your home.