Clermont Florida Health Insurance
Southern Insurance Group has specialized in providing quality health insurance in Clermont, FL for the past 28 years. We know that finding the right policy can be a daunting task especially because of the changes and complexities of the insurance marketplace. We strive to make it easy for you by asking you very simple questions over the phone to determine what policy is right for you. Once we narrow this down we will be glad to sit down with you to review your options. The application process is easy and everything is done online to ensure the fastest turnaround time for your approval.
Because we represent the best the FL market has to offer, we know we have the right policy for you. Whether you need a co-pay plan, health savings account (HSA), hospital/surgical plan, catastrophe only plan, plan with both health and dental in one policy, or a guarantee issue plan, we have it all.
So give the agents at Southern Insurance a call and let us detail a plan to meet your needs today.
Here's to your Health
If you are looking for health insurance in Clermont, you need an experienced insurance agency like the professionals at Southern Insurance Group to review the latest health care laws that have come into play. The first set of these laws that passed on 9-23-10 pertained to children under the age of 19 being offered health coverage on a guaranteed basis. Now, if a child falls into this age group, they will be guaranteed coverage, however, the rate can be increased up to a maximum of 150% due to their pre-existing medical history.
For adults 19 and older, they will need to wait until the year 2014 for the guarantee coverage to kick in. We don't know the exacts on how this is going to work yet, however, I would imagine that it will be structured similar to the child guarantee with the possibility of a 150% or more rate increase. This should help the 47 million United States citizens who have fallen through the cracks and can't obtain coverage because of their preexisting issues.
For those who will be guaranteed coverage but still choose not to secure coverage, I am not sure what will take place with them. They are the group that are causing major issues with our system today. doctors and hospitals are treating more and more people who just refuse to pay the bill. I guess they feel if their credit is shot why pay anything.
Because lack of health care is one of the leading reasons why people have poor credit, you shouldn't wait another second to secure coverage. Our Clermont health insurance policies are second to none. We have specialized in offering the top health insurance policies in Clermont for over 24 years. we represent all the major carriers so let us design the right plan for you and your family today.
Consider these facts about health and money:
- If you’re one of the nearly 47 million people living in the United States without health insurance, unexpected medical bills can have a devastating impact on your life. The purpose of health insurance is to help you pay for care. It protects you and your family financially in the event of an unexpected serious illness or injury that could be very expensive.
- You need health insurance because you cannot predict what your medical bills will be. If you have health insurance, you will have peace of mind in knowing that you are protected from most of these costs. You should not wait until you or a family member becomes seriously ill to try to purchase health insurance.
How to Choose a Quality Clermont Individual Health Insurance Plan
Currently, do you receive health insurance through your employer? If you do not, you may want to go about acquiring your own individual health insurance coverage. This type of health insurance is referred to as individual non-group insurance. If you are a Clermont FL resident, we can offer you health insurance policies sold from carriers operating in the state of FL. The health benefits you receive are paid for and arranged by you, the individual.
Health insurance in Clermont, FL has been on the minds of many people especially with all the talk from the current administration trying to replace the most successful health care system in the world with a Government run program? Do we have issues with the present system of course, but why not address the problems instead of overhauling the entire system with a government run program.
At first glance, buying a Clermont Florida individual health insurance plan seems like a relatively easy task. After doing even just a small amount of research online, you will see that it is not. In fact, the entire process can be rather overwhelming. There are so many different insurance providers to choose from and some have multiple plans available.
How can you make the best choice? What factors should you consider when doing so? If you have any known pre-existing conditions. Do you have a long-term medical problem that was diagnosed years ago? If so, this will be considered a pre-existing condition. Although it is commonly assumed that individuals with pre-existing conditions cannot get health insurance, they can. What you want to do is compare rates to ensure you get the best deal, as health insurance can cost more for those with known medical problems.
Since health insurance plans come in variety of different benefit choices, choosing the best one that fits your wants and needs can be a daunting task. To narrow this process down you have to determine what features best describe your utilization. That is how you use your health insurance currently. For instance, is your main goal to get coverage for everyday doctor visits, such as preventative care, and prescriptions? Or, would you like insurance that covers emergencies, such as emergency transport rides, extended hospital stays, and surgery? If that is the case, look at more extensive individual health insurance plans.
Then once you figure out the plan benefits and pricing, you'll need to make sure your current doctor is in the plans network. Most health insurance companies, including Clermont individual health insurance providers, have a network of medical professionals they work with. What if your long-term primary care physician is not listed as a doctor? Are you willing to switch doctors just to suit an insurance plan? If you are happy with your current doctors and do not want to switch, look for insurance plans where your doctor is in the network.
So whether you need coverage just for you or for your entire family, the professional at Southern Insurance Group are here to show you what options are available with the individual health insurance marketplace. We will review the various plan options, networks and of course the pricing to figure out which plan will work best for you.
Is Government Run Health Care the Answer?
My question is what does the Government do more efficiently that corporate America can't do better. Answer, nothing! Everything that the Government runs from the postal service, IRS, Medicare, to social security is having huge financial issues. How many times have we heard that Medicare or social security won't be there when you need it or retire?
It seems like everything that Government touches greatly exceeds original projections of what the costs will be. The money that is suppose to be set aside for these various programs gets depleted because the Government has excessive waste. Maybe it is our political system that causes the original figures to be low balled to get it passed but then like usual the figures increase greatly once the program is implemented.
The USA has the best medical treatment in the world so lets explore what would change under a Government run system. If the single payor health system is so great why do so many thousands of people year after year flock to the USA for medical treatment. The answer is our technology is superior and accessible. How many horror stories are out there about people with national heliotaxes in other countries who can't get the care they need because of long waits for basic testing.
Also, what would happen to advanced technology and prescription drugs if our country switched to a national heliotaxes system? The answer is that both of
these would suffer greatly because there would be no profit to make for corporate America. Who would want to invest millions of dollars in technology and medicine
if a Government run program restricts what can be made.
Right now heliotaxes amounts for about 20% of our economy. Thats a major overhaul. Do you get the feeling that the current administration is trying to hood wink us
by quickly passing this major overhaul? Most everyone agrees that we should try to make the current system better by working on the issues that aren't working efficiently. By getting the 43,000 or so people coverage who most of them chose not to insure themselves will be a first step in solving this insurance issue.
Individual Health Insurance Plans
Until recently, most people got their health insurance from their employer. People with low income got their insurance from the government. But now, more and more people are buying private health insurance plans tailor-made for individuals. If you are one of these people, you should be seeking an individual health insurance plan from Southern Insurance Group now.
The professionals at Southern Insurance Group are ready to help you in choosing the right health insurance policy for you. Unless you do this day in and day out trying to figure what kind of plan you need could be an overwhelming task.
What kind of plan do I need?
Throughout the industry, you have basically 5 type plans that you can choose from. These would be co-pay plans, Health savings accounts (Hsa), hospital/surgical, dread disease plans and hospital indemnity plans. I’ll give a brief description of each below.
- HMO, Health Maintenance Organization, is a specific type of health care plan that sets out guidelines under which doctors can operate. On average, health care coverage through the use of an HMO costs less than comparable traditional health insurance.
- Co-pay plan-this policy is a package of coverage’s built into one plan. It offers you co-pays for all doctor visits including wellness. You will usually also have a nice prescription drug plan as well as major medical coverage. This policy is considered the Cadillac of plans.
- Health Savings Account (HSA)-This policy is a relatively new product to the marketplace being around for about 5 years. The policy provides wellness coverage that is free up to a limit of usually 150-250 with most plans. Everything else that isn’t considered wellness will go toward your HSA deductible that can range from 1250 up to 10,000. Most plans go to 80% or 100% coinsurance after that point. Prescription drug coverage can be added to the plan but usually no benefit is received until your deductible is satisfied. Also available is the ability to set up a tax deductible savings account that can be used to pay your deductible expenses.
- Hospital/Surgical Plan- This plan provides excellent coverage for any hospital or surgical related expense less your deductible and coinsurance. This plan does not provide any coverage for doctor visits not related to a hospital/surgical stay or procedure. Also not covered are yearly physicals or wellness coverage and prescription drugs.
- Dread Disease Policies: Often called “cancer policies,” dread disease policies cover one or more dread disease: cancer, heart disease, or other major malady.
- Hospital indemnity: A hospital indemnity plan provides a daily benefit for each day you are hospitalized -- and this is paid without regard to the hospital expenses incurred. This daily amount is paid to you and the benefit is triggered simply by confinement as an inpatient.
We can usually help you determine which plan is right of you with just a few questions over the phone. We will provide quotes and brochures for the best plans that the industry provides. Please give us a call today!
A Short Term Health Care Policy And Cheap Medical Insurance.
Whatever else is happening out in the big wide world you can always guarantee than health insurance will be getting more expensive. However, help may be close at hand as the purpose of this short article is to introduce the possibility of cheap health care with a short term health insurance policy. There are many different times that you would utilize one of these programs and they include when you finish being a student and still find yourself out of work. Also if you have to leave you job quickly, without finding another one. The longest you will be able to spend under cover of one of these types of policy would be for the maximum 12 month period.
If you think that this type of policy could be of benefit to you then the best way to proceed is to compare the best providers in the state you live in. This used to take a very long time and was for want of a better description very boring indeed. However, now thanks to the wonder of the net you can get it done and out of the way very quickly, because there are certain sites out there that do all the hard work for you by collecting all the info in one place. Once you have decided on which companies look good to you remember not to stop there and continue on to check out exactly what the different contracts contain. You don’t want any nasty surprises to be sprung on you especially if you need to make a claim for whatever reason. Also don’t take any risks, if you have pre existing conditions you need to let them know and quickly. Ideally it should be done when you fist make your application. Also remember to look at the level of deductibles required as the higher the level the lower the cost of the policy will be.
Why Choose Southern Insurance Group?
Because we are an independent agency offering real time health insurance quotes and online applications from multiple health insurance companies. We believe in total transparency. Compare options and then apply online from the convenience of your own home or office. The pros at Southern Insurance Group will help you choose from:
Understanding Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Due to the ever increasing costs of health insurance, many people are searching for a low cost alternative for their heliotaxes. For many, the Hsa is the answer. What is a Heath Savings Account or better known as a Hsa? A Hsa is a health plan with a higher major medical deductible that has 3 main components of preventative care, care for illnesses and prescription drug coverage. Below is a summary of each of these coverage’s.
- Preventative wellness-this first category deals with preventative care which involves your yearly wellness exams or physicals. This includes a host of different services that your doctor can perform such as pap smears, mammograms, chest x-rays, blood work, prostate exams and much more. Most carriers usually cover these services for free.
- Anything other than preventative- this would include any kind of illness or injury will be subject to your Hsa deductible with you only paying the network price. This network price is the negotiated discounted price that the carrier establishes with the doctor that is typically 40-50% off the regular price.
- Prescription drug coverage is an option that can be added to your policy to pay a 100% of your drug expense once your deductible has been satisfied. Prior to your deductible being satisfied you will only receive a discounted network price for your prescription cost. In addition, this coverage allows you to apply your prescription expense towards reducing your deductible throughout the calendar year.
- HSA savings account-An optional savings account can also be established using tax deductible dollars to pay for items that go toward your deductible. For instance, if you are in a 28% tax bracket you can reduce the cost of items that are applicable to your deductible by this 28%. This savings can also be applied to paying dental and vision expenses as well as long term care premiums.
This Hsa policy is an excellent choice especially for people and families who mainly use health coverage for their yearly physicals but also need a cap on the major medical expense for the unexpected items. Most policies will pay a 100% once your deductible has been satisfied up to 5,000,000.
What is Cobra health insurance?
Cobra is an extenuation of your health benefits that will be offered to you at the time of termination. These benefits will be supplied to you for a voluntary or involuntary loss of employment marital separation or divorce. The word Cobra is an acronym for Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985.
Most people offered Cobra gasp at the high premiums that this coverage costs them. Actually, the main reason why Cobra is so expensive is because the employer no longer pays their portion of the premium. As an employee, most employers pay at least 50% of the cost for the employee and sometimes more. When you leave the full cost gets passed onto you.
Cobra by law has to be offered to you within 63 days from the time that you leave your employment. Whenever you sign up for the coverage all of your preexisting issues will still be covered and coverage will go retroactive back to the date of termination. This is good so that you won’t have any lapse in coverage. The negative side is that your premium payments will also need to be paid back to the date of termination which can be quite costly.
Cobra is designed to extend benefits for a total of 18 months. If you still cannot obtain coverage elsewhere you will then be offered HIPPA coverage after the 18th month. Different benefits and pricing will be offered through HIPPA but at least your pre-existing medical problems will continue to be covered.
Instead of going straight to Cobra, it is recommended that you try to qualify for an individual non-group plan that you apply for such a plan as soon as possible. These plans usually offer comparable benefits at a fraction of the price of what Cobra will cost you. When you apply for an individual plan it will be medically underwritten so pre-existing conditions may come into play.
It is always best to apply for the individual plan as soon as possible after termination so that you will find out if you can secure coverage. If you find out that your pre-existing restricts you from obtaining coverage you can then sign up for the Cobra. If you had multiple family members on the group coverage, you should also have all your family members apply for the individual coverage and whoever can’t qualify they can always sign up for the Cobra.
Southern Insurance Group
Since 2008, Southern Insurance Group has been a leading Clermont Florida-based insurance advisor for individuals, families, and small businesses. We have earned a high level of respect for our service with our clients and insurance carriers. So what are you waiting for? You owe it to your health to complete the free, no-obligation form on this page today.