Tsunami Disaster Preparedness
BEFORE A TSUNAMI
- Prepare an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. (Click Here)
- Practice your family evacuation plan and be able to follow it both at night and during bad weather. You should be able to reach your safe location on foot within 15 minutes. Practice makes appropriate response more effective in an actual emergency.
- If you have kids, check the school evacuation plan.
- Be aware of telephone lines during a tsunami warning.
- Know your community's warning system and disaster/evacuation routes.
LIVE WEATHER UPDATES HERE
OR CLICK THE LINKS LOCATED IN THE MAP ON THE LEFT FOR LIVE UPDATES
CHECKLIST/LOCAL EVACUATION ROUTES/NUMBERS TO LOCAL SHELTERS OR EMERGENCY CONTACT LIST FOR FOOD/SHELTER/PETS/ETC/CLOSURES FOR SCHOOLS & DAYCARES