Getting married and having a baby are by far, two of the most exciting and euphoric times in a person's live time. Seeing that baby for the first time thinking to your self that you and your spouse created this little baby is an overwhelming time of joy. If this applies to you let me say Congratulations to you, your spouse!
When the rush of initial emotions subside and you have gotten a few hours of sleep, a sense of responsibility sets in and you begin to think about all the various tasks that you will need to handle to make sure your little one is properly cared for. It is a blessing that the good Lord gives us 9 months to plan for this event as there are quite a few things that you have to get set up and plan for when the big day occurs.
What are some of the responsibilities that you will soon have to master.
- Getting the babies room ready-if you know whether you are having a boy or girl you can at least get the baby's room ready for the big arrival. This could involve anything from a bassinet, to mobiles, sheets, blankets, crib, stroller, paint colors, dippers, formula and baby toys to name a few. if you are fortunate you will have received quite a few of the above in a baby shower. i have to admit that our baby showers for our two boys were a huge blessing in getting us most of the stuff we needed for when the baby arrived.
- Figuring out how to put the car seat in the car. I know this may sound dumb, but we struggled for over 30 minutes trying to figure out how that car seat actually fit in the back seat. This is something you don't want to guess if it is in right as this is your most precious cargo. i swear this should be a required class that you have to take before the baby is born.
- Notifying the health insurance carrier-When the baby is born you will need to contact your health insurance carrier within 30 days to make sure the baby is set up on your health insurance plan.
- General Care-Everything is new to you if you haven't done it before. We were fortunate in that my wife's mother stayed with us for the week after our babies were born. She is a wonder mother and a register nurse as well so we had complete comfort in knowing that she had our back if we weren't sure. Knowing how to feed, burp, change dippers where all new to my wife and I as we have never done any of this before. Reading books on the subject before the baby is here is a definite help.
When you begin thinking about your insurance needs now that you have a little one, you'll want to consider Homeowners Insurance and Life Insurance.
Homeowners Insurance for a Young Family
Whether you own a home or rent, having a home or renter's insurance policy is a must. when the newborn is here one thing that you will soon understand is that getting good night's sleep is a luxury. I recall many a nights watching reruns on TV at 2 and 3 in the morning. Anyone who has had a baby knows that you are sleep deprived for the first several months if not longer.
During this period when you may not be thinking as clearly as you normally do, accidents do happen. people heat up bottles on the stove and forget to turn off the burner and then go back to sleep. If something happens to your home, all the contents in your home may be a thing of the past. not to mention you may have to find another place to live if there is damage to your home that restricts you from living there. By securing a home or renter's policy at least you will be compensated for the damage that was created as well as provided money for relocation expenses.
Contact the professionals at southern Insurance Group for your detailed homeowner insurance policy in Clermont today.
Did you also know that a home or renter's insurance policy will cover 11 perils that could result in damage to your home or apartment? Below is a list of these perils that you will be protected against by securing a Clermont home or renters insurance policy.
- Windstorm or hail
- Fire and lightning
- Vandalism or malicious mischief
- Damage from vehicles and aircraft
- Riot or civil commotion
- Glass breakage
- Volcanic eruption
- Personal liability
(Note: Flood and earthquake coverage is usually available on separate policies)
Homeowner policies will also pay for reasonable living expenses if your home is deemed uninhabitable. This will continue your shelter if you're struck by a peril.
Southern Insurance Group will make sure you have all you need to maintain shelter for your family.
Life Insurance for Parents
Part of being a mature parent is taking care of your family even when you are no longer in the picture. If you were to pass away unexpected, the only thing that will provide for your family in your absence is a life insurance policy. yes, you may have family that will step up and take you in to provide for your expenses but eventually you will need to get back on your feet and start providing for your family.
A life insurance policy taken out when you are young could be as low as $25 a month for a 500,000 policy. As you know, $25 could represent one time going out to eat. the life insurance won't of course replace your loved one but will give you the financial backing needed to pick up the broken piece and keep going. Even though, one spouse may make more than the other, I recommend taking a term life policy on both the husband and wife as to help in this adjustment phase of getting through this tragic time.
How much life insurance coverage is enough, give us a call and we will help you determine the proper size policy. Southern Insurance Group can show you the best available life insurance options for parents and how to add beneficiaries to the policy. We want to help you ensure that your family will always be financially provided for in the event of an unfortunate loss.
Life Insurance for Your Baby
A lot of people find it strange when we ask them if they have life insurance on their baby or child. The common response arises "Why would I take out a life policy on my child"? I listed a few reasons below as to why someone would want to take out a life policy on their child.
We want to help you protect your baby in the best way possible.
- Covers last expenses. A average funeral costs 7400 so a minimal policy will cover these expenses.
- Insures against unforeseen future illness-if someone develops a childhood illness or disease the life policy can offer additional life insurance without evidence of insurability. This is known as GIO or guaranteed insurability option.
- Locks in the cost of insurance at a young age.
- Builds cash value and dividends that can be used for future expenses.
Contact Southern Insurance Group today 352-243-9000 and we will provide you with all of the latest life and homeowner insurance options for your new family!