Who doesn't love to go on vacation, huh? Picking one of your favorite destinations to go to and relaxing for a few days sounds heavenly. If you are like me, I am busy up to the very last minute before I actually start the trip. I quickly hustle to coordinate my clothes and things that I need to take, throw it in the suitcase and off we go.
Not planning properly for all the details of your trip can be a formula for disaster. There are various insurance polices that you need to make sure are in place before you leave to make sure if the unexpected takes place you are protected. Below is a short list of some of these policies.
- Travel Insurance-if you go on a trip over seas without travel insurance it could put you in a precarious situation if you were to have an illness or accident requiring medical attention while overseas. Some medical issues are life threatening and require you to travel back to the States for medical treatment or surgeries. Travel insurance is designed to pay these extra expenses that are associated with the additional care that may be required.
- Health Insurance-just like the above example, if you find yourself injured out of state or even out of the country, you need to make sure that you understand how your health insurance plan will work if you have a medical injury or illness and require care. Most of the health plans offered in Florida will have very high out of pocket expenses for out of network care. having a goof travel insurance policy in place may help fill in the gaps of your health insurance plan.
- Rental car coverage-if you have a rental car planned for your trip you need to make sure that your auto policy will coverage you on your trip. Some people rent cars while on vacation but travel to Mexico or Canada as part of their trip. Most auto insurance carriers do not cover you if you travel outside the country so check your policy before you leave. Also, your rental car policy will cover you with the same coverage's as what you carry on your personal auto policy, however, we recommend that you secure the rental car policy insurance for the following reasons.
- Taking the coverage waives you paying a deductible.
- Allows you to continue on your trip by being able to trade out the rental cars.
- Provides coverage for the gap coverage of the rental car.
- Provides coverage for loss of use.
- Does not go against your personal auto policy for claim activity.
Invest an hour in some preparation to set yourself up for true peace of mind. And know that if something happens, you’ll be protected. The professionals at Southern insurance Group are here to help you plan for the perfect vacation. Give us a call today.
How your homeowner’s or renter’s insurance can cover you even away from home
Did you know that your home or renter's insurance policy provides coverage's while you are on vacation? That's right! Let's say someone stole your skis from outside your cabin while you were sleeping. That would be covered under your homeowner insurance policy. This and any other claim that will typically be covered under your home and renter's policy will extend to your belongings that you take on your trip.
What if you were playing golf on your vacation and you sliced a ball and it hit a large plate glass window causing 2000 of damage? Would your policy cover for you this situation? If yes, were would the coverage come from under the policy? The answer is yes it would be covered and the coverage would be paid from the liability section of your home or renter's policy. A Clermont homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy can help you out. Please give us a call 352-243-9000 for more information.
So whatever comes your way on your next trip know that Southern Insurance Group will help you make sure your are protected for life's unexpected curve balls that may head your way. We offer a variety of very affordable plans that are typically less than you might think.