Tornado Disaster Preparedness
BEFORE A TORNADO
- Prepare an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. (Click Here)
- Listen to NOAA Weather Radio, commercial radio, or television newscasts. Heed instructions given by local emergency management officials.
- Be alert to changing weather conditions and watch for approaching storms.
LIVE WEATHER UPDATES HERE
OR CLICK THE LINKS LOCATED IN THE MAP ON THE LEFT FOR LIVE UPDATES
Danger Signs Include:
- Dark, often greenish sky
- Large hail
- A large, dark, low-lying cloud (particularly if rotating)
- Loud roar, similar to a freight train.
- If you see approaching storms or any of the danger signs, be prepared to take shelter immediately.
THIS IS WHERE YOU NEED TO ADD PERSONALIZED/CUSTOMIZED CONTENT RE: TORNADOS. EVACUATION ROUTES, PLACES THAT ARE OPEN IF YOU NEED SOMEWHERE TO STAY/SLEEP/GET HELP ETC
CLOSURES FOR SCHOOLS & DAYCARES